We are always looking for volunteers to assist with our activities and programming. Anyone is welcome to apply, hearing, deaf or hard of hearing.
For high school students seeking to complete their hours for grad transition, we are able to provide a letter acknowledging the time spent volunteering with the Peer Support Program.
Below are some of the positions available, but we strive to match your strength and interest so that you also benefit from the experience, so contact us and we can work out an arrangement.
1) Event Assistant
- Complete tasks delegated by the Coordinator (BC Buddies, Workshop, or Social)
- Offer suggestions on activity ideas
- Time commitment: minimum 4 hours total (if just helping out on day of event)
2) Guest Panelist/Presenter
- Participate in current workshops and share your personal/professional experience, with a focus on useful strategies
- Present a workshop on a specific topic in consultation with the Director (proposals are welcome)
- Time commitment: varies depending on the nature of work
3) Blog Contributor
- Submit a post on various topics: advocacy in action, technology review, life story, etc
- Time commitment: one post per month
Please send your resume and statement of interest to email@example.com.
Note: Upon successful application, volunteers will be asked to conduct a criminal record check. Costs will be covered by the Peer Support Program.